Virtual Transportation Center

Texturing objects in Blender for OMSI

MTA3306

Texturing objects in Blender for OMSI
« on: August 01, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »
This mostly applies to ANIME & BUSES, but if it helps you too, well, that's killing two birds with one stone!

Texturing isn't as difficult as it looks.

You want to switch from Solid Mode to Material Mode (this is found in the lower toolbar of the 3D View). Your object should be entirely white.

Click the object you will be applying a texture to, and then click the Material icon (Circled in red. It's quite small, and can be tedious to find). This will list all the used materials/images for your object. (If there is none listed, click the plus sign located at the far right of the empty box).

Now you want to go back to where the Material icon was, and click the checkered box next to it (maroonish white). This will open a more detailed window for images. If you have created an image, you'll find\open it, as shown in the image. You should be able to just copy the directory from Windows Explorer into Blender if you have to go on a wild goose chase for the image.

[Target acquired]

Now your object is textured, to some extent. If not, you may have to unwrap it, which is a process I do not feel like explaining any further than what is shown in the thread.

A brief example of what your object will look like properly unwrapped.

The short process you will have to endure to start to unwrap your object. Personally, I use the "Project from View" combined with an Orthographic (head on, facing a direction) view in Blender, so I know that when I unwrap it, the object is flat. Alternatively, if you just want it done, you can just click unwrap. You HAVE to do some unwrapping, otherwise, your object will be one very light and monotone color.

If it helps, great! If it doesn't, I'll see what I can do to further assist you.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
Re: Texturing objects in Blender for OMSI
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 06:28:08 AM »
Thanks MTA! This will definitely help! :) ;D

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 12:39:16 AM »
I followed your steps, but get the same result.

I made the UV and left it in the texture folder, and the model has the path for the texture.

Is it something with the Script?

MTA3306

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 03:28:00 AM »
Remove that [matl] part. That (should) be making the game look in the wrong folder.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »
still not working. Sorry this is dragging on :'(

MTA3306

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 01:31:37 AM »
Did you export the object again with TexCNG.png mapped into the object? And is TexCNG.png in the "Texture" folder?

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 06:55:30 PM »
Did you export the object again with TexCNG.png mapped into the object? And is TexCNG.png in the "Texture" folder?
Yeah, though I exported the UV to and CNG Texture folder, so It should be looking I'm the CNG Folder. Though, I'll try moving the Texture to the texture folder.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 06:09:27 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D I DID IT!!!