General Discussion | July 31, 2017, 06:07:10 AM
Discovering OMSI.

ANIME-AND-BUSES

• I Love Anime and Buses
    • View Profile
Discovering OMSI.
« on: July 31, 2017, 06:07:10 AM »
Hey guys, I was just feeling a bit nostalgic remembering playing OMSI 1. So I ask you guys this.... how did you find OMSI, and which version did you play first?

I discovered OMSI 1 around a few months after it was released. The funny thing is that when I found it, I was actually looking up Garbage truck simulators for PC (there aren't really any good ones out there so far) I found Nerdcubed's video of Garbage truck simulator 2011. And in the related videos section, was his video of reviewing OMSI. And I watched the video and I fell in love with OMSI. I loved how the Sounds were like, and the features the buses had.

So, how did you find OMSI guys?

Finrod852

• View Profile
Re: Discovering OMSI.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 03:32:54 PM »
I discovered it over a year ago by watching Squirrel's youtube videos. I got NY bus simulator 2010 over 9 months prior and I liked it, but it was kinda limited compared to what OMSI offered. So I broke down and bought the OMSI 2 game from Steam.

Dash5155

• God
  • Administrator
  • I am kinda Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Virtual Transportation Center
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »
FOund OMSI the same way ANIME-AND-BUSES did. Through NerdCubed's gameplay... but I didn't like it because even though it was real and detailed, it was only German maps. I had no idea how much I would change that at the time. Lol. What made me come back to OMSI was being in a transit group on Facebook, and seeing the RTS that was previously in GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and IV, coverted into OMSI. Right then and there I learned that I could actually re-create the American experience myself.

Mind you, this was BEFORE DBC Chicago came in and ruined that for me haha.

ItzYeBoi

• Bus Geek
  • Why are you reading this?! Check out other buses!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »
FOund OMSI the same way ANIME-AND-BUSES did. Through NerdCubed's gameplay... but I didn't like it because even though it was real and detailed, it was only German maps. I had no idea how much I would change that at the time. Lol. What made me come back to OMSI was being in a transit group on Facebook, and seeing the RTS that was previously in GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and IV, coverted into OMSI. Right then and there I learned that I could actually re-create the American experience myself.

Mind you, this was BEFORE DBC Chicago came in and ruined that for me haha.

Exactly the same! I loved NerdCubed before.
Derp derpity derp...

stephenhenhawke1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 05:08:10 PM »
I also watched Squirrel's youtube videos. I was a fan, and I checked Steam and the son of a gun was 43 dollars! I'm in Canada folks so I thought I was defeated and forgot about it, until I got an email saying a game in my wishlist was on sale! Omsi 2 - The Bus Simulator. I bought the simulator for 21 dollars, and most of the dlc's for a total of under 100 dollars which I found extraordinary.

UpLift_Vancouver

• OMSI 2 vehicle repaints
  • I have my ups & downs...
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 05:00:03 AM »
I found out about OMSI 2 not long before Chicago was released via a thread on the Canadian Public Transit Discussion Board. As soon as I found out about the Chicago addon, I bought OMSI 2 & learned the controls while driving the MAN buses of Spandau before getting Chicago (& the New Flyers) right on launch day. My library of OMSI 2 addons has since expanded to include both Steam addons and mods that I have picked up from multiple places (mostly here). I too am Canadian, so the prices do tend to be slightly higher here.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:03:44 AM by UpLift_Vancouver »

ClassicDrew

• Kingston Transit Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »
Another Canadian here, I got into OMSI from playing City Bus Simulator New York, and watched a few "Let's Play" videos of it and fell in love with the detail of sounds and buttons in the buses and things to click and do. Been loyal ever since
ClassicDrew

dedog

• View Profile
    • DEDOGMODZ.TK
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 01:37:34 AM »
i found it in 2014 by serching in youtube for bus simulators games

MattBOnboardBus2100

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 07:08:43 PM »
Found it through a CPTDB thread (same way UpLift_Vancouver did) back in the summer of 2013. Bought OMSI 1 and went on to make a few incomplete Detroit-area routes before managing to post a complete one that became infamous because of it's bugs. Then I decided to finally get OMSI 2 in May 2015 and immediately went to work building the now well-known Downriver map (yes, it was in development over a month before Chicago came out and changed the North American OMSI community immensely).